The Grigg Lewis Foundation, Inc. continues to monitor the COVID-19 situation as it changes daily. We are aware of continued concerns regarding the health and safety of the community, as well as the economic impact that this crisis may present to the entire nation. Please know that we continue to work with other foundations, community partners, community leaders, and our non-profit agencies to understand and address the short and long-term needs of our community.
- We will consider advice from Niagara County, NY State and Federal health officials with regard to social distancing and how to proceed as normal as possible.
- We will continue our charitable work and our staff will still be available to you via email and phone while working both in office and remotely.
- We remain committed to supporting our local nonprofit community to the best of our ability. We will continue to evaluate our plans regularly and will reach out to those affected if necessary.
- We will do our best to disseminate information amongst our nonprofit community using social media, our website and emails.
- We will continue to research resources for additional financial assistance during this time to assist our local nonprofits.
We continue to wish you all continued health and safety.
-The Grigg Lewis Foundation Staff
Employee Retention Credit – IRS
The Employee Retention Credit is a refundable tax credit against certain employment taxes equal to 50% of the qualified wages an eligible employer pays to employees after March 12, 2020, and before October 1, 2021. Eligible employers can get immediate access to the credit by reducing employment tax deposits they are otherwise required to make. Also, if the employer’s employment tax deposits are not sufficient to cover the credit, the employer may get an advance payment from the IRS.
This federal small business loan program supports small business’ recovery from the COVID-19 disaster’s economic impacts by providing accessible and borrower-friendly capital.
H.R. 6201, FAMILIES FIRST CORONAVIRUS RESPONSE ACT Title-By-Title Summary
The legislation provides paid leave, establishes free testing, protects public health workers, and provides important benefits to children and families.
SBA to Provide Disaster Assistance Loans for Small Businesses Impacted by Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Release Date: Thursday, March 12, 2020
Important Information for Unemployment Insurance Claimants:
NYS is waiving the 7-Day waiting period for Unemployment Insurance benefits for people who are out of work due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) closures or quarantines.