The Grigg Lewis Foundation Inc. is deeply concerned about the spread of the COVID-19 virus. We are monitoring situation as it changes daily. We are aware of concerns regarding the health and safety of the community as well as the economic impact that this crisis may present to the entire nation. Please know that we are working with other foundations, community partners, community leaders, and our non-profit agencies to understand and address the short and long term needs of our community.
- We will follow advice from county, state and Federal health officials with regard to social distancing and cancellation of events.
- We urge all to practice social distancing to the greatest degree possible for the good of our greater community.
- We plan to continue our work and our staff will be available to you via email while working remotely.
- We remain committed to supporting our nonprofit community to the best of our ability. We will continue to evaluate our future plans and will reach out to those affected as necessary.
- We will do our best to disseminate information amongst our nonprofit community using social media, our website and emails.
- We will continue to research resources for financial assistance during this time. We will work to add these resources to our website as they become known to us.
- We will still plan to review grant requests for funding but determination and timeline of funding may be delayed.
We understand that there is much uncertainty as to how this crisis will evolve. We will continue to evaluate our grant procedures as the situation changes.
At this time we must refrain from funding bailouts for operations until we have more information on the many resources that will be available to you through other sources. We will be periodically posting links to that information below.
Please continue to contact your creditors, your banks, and the Small Business Administration to work with you during this stressful time.
We are wishing you all continued health and safety.
-The Grigg Lewis Foundation Staff
H.R. 6201, FAMILIES FIRST CORONAVIRUS RESPONSE ACT Title-By-Title Summary
The legislation provides paid leave, establishes free testing, protects public health workers, and provides important benefits to children and families.
SBA to Provide Disaster Assistance Loans for Small Businesses Impacted by Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Release Date: Thursday, March 12, 2020
Important Information for Unemployment Insurance Claimants:
NYS is waiving the 7-Day waiting period for Unemployment Insurance benefits for people who are out of work due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) closures or quarantines.