- The Grigg Lewis Foundation makes grants only to tax-exempt organizations with 501(c)3 classifications from the Internal Revenue Service.
- The Foundation does not provide direct aid to individuals (including scholarships). We do not make donations to religious causes other than those supported by Mrs. Lewis during her lifetime.
- Projects must show definite benefit to residents of Niagara County. They must have a substantial benefit to this area and must not be duplicates of services already existing.
- Although there may be exceptions, the requesting charity organization should not be supported by tax dollars or other ready sources of income.
- Charities must have a clear mandate and purpose. Charities must have clear leadership. Charities must be willing to provide reports covering the operation of the programs for which the grants are paid. The requesting organizations must be well organized with a successful track record. Start-up programs will be subject to a thorough examination of their feasibility and must supply a business plan.
- The Grigg Lewis Foundation will consider challenge grants and multi-year grants.
PRIMARY FUNDING AREAS:
- Arts & Cultural Programs
- Senior Programs
- Preservation & Restoration of Local History
- Human Services
- Health & Wellness Programs
- Youth Programs
- Local Tourism
- Community Improvement & Development
- Educational Programs
Assets: $50,282,959.34 (2017)
Total number of Grants made: 117 (2017)
Value of Grants awarded: $1,799,672.64 (2017)